Being prepared for any power outage is important, whether from a severe storm or just a simple power outage. A backup generator is always a good idea whether you are trying to keep your devices charged or need power for essential medical equipment.
This article will take an in-depth look at the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator. We will cover this product’s main features, advantages, and disadvantages. By the end of this review, you should have a good idea if the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator is right for you.
What Is Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator?
The Goal Zero Generator is a portable power pack that can recharge electronic devices such as phones, laptops, and small appliances. The generator is powered by a solar panel or plugging it into a wall outlet. It has a built-in battery that stores energy so that it can be used even when the sun is not shining, or there is no power outlet available.
It is a great option for those who want a reliable backup power source in an emergency. It can also be a primary power source for camping trips or other outdoor activities. The generator is very easy to use and comes with various accessories that make it even more user-friendly.
The generator has many features that make it an attractive option for those looking for a portable power source. Some of the most notable features include:
- Large Battery Capacity: With 400Wh and 33 Ah capacity of lithium-ion batteries, the generator can power a few small appliances like a TV or medical devices like a CPAP machine. You can also recharge your phones and laptops while on the road.
- Pure Sine Wave AC Power: This generator produces 300 watts of pure sine wave AC power. This is enough to run several small appliances or devices and recharge your electronic devices.
- Charging Rate: With a max solar panel charging input of 240 watts, the Yeti 400 from Goal Zero can take as little as 4-5 hours to charge fully.
- Easy To Read Display: To help you keep track of your generator’s performance, the solar generator has an LCD that tells you how many watts it is outputting and how much charge is left in the battery. This way, you can know when it’s time to recharge or if you need to conserve power.
How To Charge Yeti 400?
There are three primary ways to charge your generator:
- Solar Power: Use a compatible solar panel kit or goal zero solar panels to charge your Yeti 400 from the sun.
- AC Outlets: You can also charge your Yeti 400 by plugging it into a regular home power AC outlet.
- 12V DC Car Charger: If you have a 12V DC car charger, use it for charging.
While the portable power station is a great option for those needing a reliable power source, there are some drawbacks.
- The price is quite high for the size of the battery.
- The weight of the lead acid battery makes it difficult to transport.
- Charging times can be slow, especially in cloudy or shady conditions.
- You need adapters to use other solar panels with the generator.
- There are only two USB ports available for charging devices.
With a rugged design, high power capacity and average rating value, a versatile set of ports and inputs, and the ability to daisy chain multiple units together, the Goal Zero Yeti is one of the best portable power stations on the market. While it’s not the cheapest option, its features and performance justify its price tag. Whether you’re looking for a backup power source for your home or a way to keep your devices charged while camping, the Goal Zero Yeti 400 is a great choice.