The Anker Powerhouse 767 is a portable power station that provides reliable and efficient power for various devices, including smartphones, laptops, and small appliances.
With a capacity of 2,048Wh / 2,400W, the device promises to keep your devices charged and ready for extended periods, whether camping, traveling, or facing a power outage.
In this Anker Powerhouse 767 review, we’ll take a closer look at this model, evaluating its design, battery performance, charging capabilities, and any additional features. We’ll also highlight the device’s pros and cons, helping you determine if it’s the right portable power station for your needs.
So, whether you’re a frequent traveler, outdoor enthusiast, or simply looking for a reliable backup power source, keep reading to determine if the Anker Powerhouse 767 is worth the investment.
Design and Build Quality
Here are the focal points as it relates to the Anker Powerhouse 767 design and construction:
The Anker Powerhouse 767 has a compact and sturdy design, making it easy to transport and use in various settings. Measuring 20.5 x 15.5 x 10 inches and weighing just about 67 pounds, it’s small enough to fit in most backpacks or carry-on bags.
It has the same ice cooler shape as most portable power stations but features a long handle and wheels for enhanced portability.
The Powerhouse 767 includes a convenient display that provides users with essential information about the device. This information includes details about the input/output, the remaining battery percentage, the estimated duration of the battery life at the current output, as well as the status of the active ports.
While this display feature is common among other power banks available in the market, it is a helpful tool for keeping track of the device’s performance and ensuring that all connected devices are charged optimally.
The Powerhouse 767 has a sleek and modern appearance with a matte black finish. The back of the device houses the USB ports, which are protected by a rubber cover to prevent dust and water damage.
It also has a unibody drop-proof design, which we don’t recommend putting to the test too many times, but it should be able to hold up in case of accidents.
The Anker Powerhouse 767 feels solid and durable in terms of build quality. The 767 is made from high-quality hard plastic and features a reinforced casing. The rubber cover over the ports also adds an extra layer of protection.
In addition to its impressive power capabilities, the Anker Powerhouse 767 is built to withstand heavy use and various environmental conditions.
Additionally, the device is anti-UV and flame retardant, providing further protection against potential hazards. These design features make the Powerhouse 767 a durable and reliable tool for outdoor activities and emergencies.
Regardless of the conditions, users can trust that the device will perform effectively and stay protected against external factors that could compromise its performance.
Overall, the Anker 767 is a powerful power station with a solid design. The device’s polished appearance and sturdy construction will appeal to users who prioritize style and functionality in their portable power stations.
One potential downside of the device’s design is its weight. At 67 pounds, the Anker Powerhouse 767 may be too heavy for some users to carry for long distances comfortably.
Nonetheless, it’s still easy enough to move thanks to the wheels and handle. However, given its high battery capacity, this weight is to be expected and is likely a trade-off that many users will be willing to make.
Ease of Use
Regarding ease of use, the Anker 767 is relatively simple to operate. The device’s display screen provides clear and concise information, and the various buttons are intuitive and easy to navigate.
Setting up and connecting devices to the device is also straightforward, with clear labeling and instructions. Overall, the Anker Powerhouse 767’s design and build quality are impressive, making it a reliable and durable portable power station for various settings.
The Anker Powerhouse 767, like its predecessors, has some limitations when it comes to sustainability. The device is primarily constructed using traditional materials, including a significant amount of plastic, which can negatively impact the environment.
While the device promotes green energy through charging via solar panels, this sustainability benefit is mainly indirect. It does not address the issue of the materials used to manufacture the device.
It is important to note that using batteries instead of traditional fuel sources is a significant step towards sustainability. However, there is still room for improvement when it comes to the materials and processes used in the manufacturing of these devices.
While it may take some time for companies like Anker and its competitors to shift towards using more sustainable materials and processes, they must prioritize this aspect of their products.
The Anker Powerhouse 767 boasts an impressive battery capacity of 2,048Wh, which translates to roughly 2400 W. (It can also go to 4096 W if you have an expansion battery.)
With a maximum power output of 2,400 watts, the Anker 767 can power various high-powered devices, such as microwaves and power tools.
The device can also charge smartphones and laptops, making it a versatile tool for those on the go. Its output is stable and consistent, and it can easily charge multiple devices simultaneously.
The Anker Powerhouse 767 includes several intelligent energy-saving features that enhance the user experience and protect the device. The Power Saving Mode is a handy feature that stops charging a device when it reaches 100 percent, preventing overcharging and extending battery life.
Another feature is the automatic shut-down function, which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity when no devices are connected to the power station. This feature helps conserve energy and prevents unnecessary battery drain. Overall, the Anker 767 is ultra-efficient.
The temperature control system is another vital feature of the Anker power station. This system ensures the device remains within a safe operating temperature range, preventing overheating and potential damage to the power bank and connected devices.
The 767 model offers a variety of charging capabilities, making it a versatile device for a range of power needs. It features 12 different charging ports, including:
- Four AC outlets: It has four standard AC sockets of 2400 watts each, which can power various household devices such as laptops, lamps, and small appliances.
- One TT-30 outlet: The device has a single TT-30 outlet, an RV standard outlet. This outlet can power larger devices such as RV air conditioning units and other appliances with a max output of 120 volts and 30 amps.
- Two DC car ports: The 767 features two DC output car ports with a maximum of 12 volts and 10 amps each. These ports can power devices such as car refrigerators and other car accessories.
- Three USB-C ports: The device features three USB-C ports with a maximum output of 100 watts each. These ports can charge USB-C devices such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets quickly and efficiently.
- Two USB-A ports: The Anker 767 also features two standard USB-A ports with a maximum output of 12 watts each. These ports can charge devices such as smartphones and tablets that do not support USB-C.
In addition to these ports, this model also features a pass-through charging function, allowing it to charge other devices while charging itself. This is a valuable feature for anyone needing to keep multiple devices charged simultaneously.
The device also has fast charging capabilities. According to Anker, the Powerhouse 767 can charge from 0 percent to 80 percent in just 1.4 hours and reach a full charge of 100 percent in 2.5 hours.
For users who want to utilize the power station in off-grid adventures, the device can also be charged up to 1000 W using compatible solar panels (sold separately). This is perfect for those who need to keep their devices charged while camping, hiking, or in other remote settings.
In addition to its strong battery performance and versatile charging capabilities, this power station also offers several additional features that make it a valuable tool for users on the go. These include:
LCD Display: The Anker 767 features a clear and easy-to-read LCD that provides real-time information on battery level, power output, and charging status. This allows users to easily monitor the device’s performance and ensure their devices are charging correctly.
Built-in Flashlight: The device features a built-in LED flashlight that can provide up to 48 hours of illumination on a single charge. This can be helpful in emergencies or when camping or hiking at night.
Multiple Safety Features: The 767 has numerous safety features to prevent damage to the device or the charged devices. These features include overvoltage protection, short circuit protection, and temperature control.
Quiet Operation: The device features a built-in cooling fan to prevent overheating, but it operates quietly and unobtrusively, making it suitable for use in quiet environments.
Smart Charging: The Anker 767 has smart charging technology that automatically adjusts the charging output based on the charged device. This helps to prevent overcharging and ensures that devices are charged safely and efficiently.
Compatibility with Anker PowerIQ: The device is compatible with Anker’s PowerIQ technology, which is designed to provide the fastest and safest charging speed for compatible devices. This means that users can be confident that their devices are being charged quickly and safely.
Bluetooth connectivity: The device also includes a symbol that indicates the status of Bluetooth connectivity. By pressing the Bluetooth icon on the screen’s right-hand side, you can link your smartphone to the power station.
Once connected, you can remotely manage the power station through the Anker app (available on iOS/Android) and even program your power usage. This feature is a first for an Anker device and clearly indicates its excellence. The setup process is fast and easy to follow but does require a brief registration.
Pros and Cons
Here’s a summary of the Anker Powerhouse 767’s strengths and areas for improvement:
- High battery capacity: The Anker Powerhouse 767 has a high battery capacity of 2048 watt-hours, enough to charge a smartphone or a laptop multiple times. This makes it a reliable source of power for users on the go.
- Versatility: The power station also doubles as a solar generator. Its range of charging capabilities allows it to charge many devices, from smartphones and tablets to laptops and even an electric car!
- Fast charging: The device features fast charging technology that can charge compatible devices up to four times faster than traditional chargers.
- Pass-through charging: It can charge devices while it is being charged itself, which means that users can keep their devices charged even if the Anker Powerhouse 767 is low on battery.
- Extra features: The device features several additional features, such as an LCD display, built-in flashlight, solar charging, and smart charging technology, which make it a versatile and reliable tool for users on the go.
- Portable design: Despite its high battery capacity, the Anker 767 is portable and easy to carry, featuring a compact design with a built-in handle.
- Quiet operation: The device features a built-in cooling fan to prevent overheating, but it operates quietly and unobtrusively, making it suitable for use in quiet environments.
- 5-year warranty: The power station comes with a generous five-year warranty that covers the entire device under any circumstances. The company says this power station has a lifespan of up to ten years or 3,000 cycles.
- App: We did appreciate the Anker 767 smartphone app that gives the ability to monitor how much power you’re using at once, to control the power station remotely, to check battery usage, and more.
- Accessories: Besides the user manual, it has an AC charging cable, a solar charging connector, a car charging cable, and an accessory bag.
- Price: The Anker 767 is priced higher than some other power stations on the market, which may be a consideration for budget-conscious users.
- Heavy: While the device is designed to be portable, it still weighs 67 pounds, which may be too heavy for some users to carry for extended periods.
- Doesn’t come with a solar panel: Though you can use the Anker 767 as a solar generator, users must purchase the solar panels separately, which may be too expensive for some users.
- AC input / DC input cannot be used simultaneously: The power delivery to the AC input reduces priority unless you turn it off, and then it switches to DC input automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a couple of responses to commonly asked questions regarding the Anker power station:
What types of devices can you use with the Anker PowerHouse 767 portable power station?
The Anker 767 has a huge capacity and can output 2300W AC power, making it capable of powering many electronic devices. However, checking the wattage of the appliances you plan to use is vital.
You can use it to charge devices such as a portable fridge, kettle, drill, hair dryer, laptop, toaster, fan, heater, etc. Remember that you can’t run all of these devices simultaneously or for extended periods without stopping to recharge the 767.
What is GaNPrime technology?
GaNPrime is a new technology that Anker has integrated into the power station. It is designed to save energy by preventing the system from overheating, making it safe to use for the devices you plug in and protecting your battery.
Anker credits this technology for giving the 767’s battery the longest lifespan for all portable power stations out there. It also minimizes the loss of power when charging and pulling, making it a sustainable and eco-friendly choice for powering your electronics during outdoor adventures.
Based on our Anker Powerhouse 767 review, this model is a versatile and reliable power bank for various situations. It generates more than enough power, plus, with the expandable battery, you can get even more power if necessary.
Its LCD, built-in flashlight, power-saving mode, and other safety features ensure that users can monitor and use the device safely and efficiently. At the same time, its portable design and quiet operation make it a convenient tool for use on the go.
Visit Wattcourcer today to learn more about various generators designed for camping, off-grid ventures and even for households.